Here at Playtyme Papillons, we have your puppy's health and well-being in mind. Our pups are socialized, de-wormed, vaccinated, and started with a litter box before they even go home. We have a program with all our pups which helps them become confident, well-adjusted dogs.
Papillons develop slower than most larger breeds of dogs and understanding that is key to the expectations of housebreaking, obedience training and social development.
Day 1 - 3 We leave puppies alone as much as possible. We monitor the temperature hourly as puppies can chill or overheat easily. Watch each puppy for any distress, dehydration (while waiting for mom's milk to come in) or hypoglycemia. Each puppy is give a couple drops of "Stat" which helps to regulate their glucose levels, provides iron and vitamins and helps to start each puppy. Check umbilical cords and let mom take care of everything else.
- Day 3 - 16: Stimulations, as well as daily handling. This helps puppies get used to being held, feeling different textures, and experiencing a range of voices and people.
- Day 17 - 4 Weeks: Pups are handled individually every day. We talk to them, pet them, and let them explore their pen in our home.
- 4 - 6 Weeks: Puppies are handled every day, held, petted, and talked to. They are taken out of the whelping pen and begin to explore. Toys are introduced, and puppies begin to do short retrieves.
- 6 - 8 Weeks: Puppies continue retrieving and playing with toys. They are taken for walks to explore outside. Puppies are introduced to the collar and a dragging lead. We take our pups through cover, over ditches, up and down hills, and to all the places they need to learn to be a well rounded family pet. They become comfortable inside the house as well, going up and down stairs, seeing a TV, cats, other dogs, and other aspects of home life. Beginning crate training is started, with pups becoming more and more familar with the crate as time progresses.
- 10-15 Weeks: Puppies are can go to their new owners! (Puppies being shipped can fly to there new home at 15 weeks)