Our Puppy Application Process
If you are interested in a puppy from PlayTyme Papillons, please fill out this puppy inquiry questions and email it to us at Playtymepapillons@gmail.com as a way of introducing yourself to us, giving us information about you before we contact you. This form also explains what kind of homes we choose to place our puppies in.
Our first priority is that our puppies live full and happy lives in a home with people who love them. We try our best to place puppies only in the most loving and responsible of homes and this inquiry form helps us in that process. Our puppies will always come back to us if they need to be re-homed- or to homes that we have approved who are willing to sign and honor our puppy care contract.
Puppies placed as 'companion only' cost less, will be spayed or neutered and are placed with limited registration. A limited registration only limits the dog from conformation events and breeding- though we strongly encourage obedience training for all of our dogs.
1. Your name, and the name of any other adults in your household and any papillon Club affiliation.
2. Your street address and contact telephone numbers w/best time of day to call
3. List Your Email Addresses and your website if you have one
4. How long have you lived at this address? If less than two years, list previous address
5. Name and contact information for your veterinarian - (even if you currently have no pets list the vet you have used in the past if there was a time when you did have pets.)
6. Have you ever owned an papillon before? If so from who did you purchase your papillon and when? tell us about him or her. How many years have you owned a papillon(s)?
7. Do you have any other dogs and if so, what breeds and ages, neutered or spayed or if not, why not.
8. Do you have any children? What are their ages?
9. Why do you want an Papillon? Do you want a puppy with show potential or do you want strictly a companion dog? (Our show potential puppies are sold on co-ownerships to prevent irresponsible breeding or change of ownership. All companion puppies are placed on a limited registration and must be spayed or neutered.)
10. What are your goals and expectations for the puppy whether it be for show potential or as a pet? Also, do you feel financially prepared for the care of a Papillon?
11. If you are looking for a puppy that you could show, what experience, if any, have you had with dog showing? Do you enjoy owner- handling or do you use a professional handler? Describe any past experiences you have had with dog showing and your future plans.
12. Where would the puppy spend his or her time days/nights? Inside or outside?
13. Is someone home during the day at your house? Please describe the living situation for the puppy. How many hours daily would the dog be left alone? If no one is at home during the days would you plan for someone to come into your home to let the puppy in and out during the potty training stage? (A Doggy daycare if run properly, can be an excellent choice for working new puppy parents as well.)
14. Is there a particular sex and/or color of puppy preferred?
15. Please list THREE personal references (if you already have a veterinarian you can count this as one) with their addresses, phone numbers and email addresses. We need to know what your relationship is to the references and how long they have known you. These personal references will be contacted.
16. Do you have any specific questions or comments ? We will call you to visit on the telephone after receipt of this application. Please be patient, a new litter of puppies absolutely consumes our time for the first few weeks and time for telephoning is scarce. Dog shows also consume a large portion of our time.. But we will get to you as soon as we can. Thank you for your inquiry and for your patience.